FinNode is a global network of Finnish innovation organisations. Operating via nodes in global innovation activity, FinNode actively reveals new openings for Finnish business and research organisations and supports their internationalisation. It connects Finnish and international experts and the know-how required to promote innovation. As FinNode represents all sections of the Finnish innovation system in the countries where it operates, foreign partners can engage with Finland’s central public innovation organisations.
The FinNode network operates in the United States, China, Russia, Japan and India.
FinNode’s international network consists of the Ministry of Employment and the Economy, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Finpro, Tekes (the Finnish Funding Agency for Technology and Innovation), Sitra (the Finnish Innovation Fund), VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland and the Academy of Finland. The Ministry of Education and Culture and the Confederation of Finnish Industries EK also participate in directing FinNode’s activities.
FinNode China is your access node to a global network of resources. We are a business and technology network designed to help Chinese companies and research organizations to connect with partners in Finland — whether you are looking for specific IP, cutting-edge research, R&D resources or even available talent, you can find it through FinNode China.
FinNode China officially started it’s operations in January 2009. The FinNode China Network is very wide and includes 13 FinNode organizations offices. The FinNode China hub is located in Shanghai and other key cities with FinNode member organizations are Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Hong Kong.
The FinNode China network has offices in 5 cities:
- Shanghai (FinNode hub: Tekes, Finpro, VTT, Consulate General, CIMO, FinChi, Invest in Finland, Finnish Environment Cluster for China, Finnvera (expert exchange) + Finnish Business Council)
- Beijing (Tekes, Finpro, Embassy + Finish Business Council)
- Guangzhou (Finpro, Consulate General + Finish Business Council)
- Shenzhen (FinChi)
- Hongkong (Finpro, Consulate General) + Taiwan
FinNode China 2011 focus areas are:
• Cleantech & Renewable Energy
• Social Challenges / Wellbeing & Aging Care
• Emerging /Disruptive Innovation, Business and Production models
• Geographical focus areas in China & Sister City/Regions Cooperation Strategy