FinNode China Newsletter 1/2012 March, 2012
Happy Year of the Dragon to all of you! Please find here the first FinNode China Newsletter for 2012.
1. FinNode Innovation Watch
Congratulations to The Winning Team of 2011 Autumn’s Signals Collection Competition—Tekes Beijing
The next FinNode China 2012 Spring Signals Collection Competition has already started. Our next Sense Making Sessions will be at end of March and priority signals deadline is 30th March.
2. New FinNode Projects
Just before the New Year, FinNode China were awarded 2 new China specific projects + 1 new Global project.
1. Venture Capital Markets in Greater China, Kaj Forsell/Finpro Taipei
2. Threats and Opportunities for Finnish Companies and Organizations in Chinese Social Media, Eric Cheng/Finpro Hong Kong
FinNode Global Project
1. Future of Smart Water Use, Tony Yao/Finpro Shanghai
3. FinNode Projects 2011 Update
Here’s a reminder of our projects from last year and the last projects will finish by end of March 2012.
1. China’s Development Path from Electric Vehicles to Electric Networked Vehicles using Internet of Things Technologies, Eric Cheng/Finpro Hong Kong
2. Factory automation and high-end equipment manufacturing, Jari Makkonen/Finpro Shanghai
3. West and Central China, Eija Tynkkynen/Finpro Beijing
4. Disaster Monitoring Services and Technologies, Jari Makkonen/Finpro Shanghai
5. Entertaining China, Eric Cheng/Finpro Hong Kong
1. 21st Century Urban Design (Global project), Jari Seilonen/Finpro Guangzhou
2. Future of Learning (Global project), Helen Chen/Finpro Shanghai
All 2010 and 2011 FinNode project summaries can be found at http://www.finnode.fi/en/china/projects
4. FinNode Future Sessions
We have now had 3 successful Future Sessions from China. The “Future Nanotech Opportunities in China”, “Entertaining China” and “Future of Learning” Future Sessions were very successful and collected more than 100 participants. Summary of the sessions can be found at http://signaalit.finnode.fi/presentations/new/584/any
Next FinNode Global Future Session “Future of Learning” will be held on 2nd March.
Next FinNode China Future Sessions are planned for April 2012 for the West and Central China project and May for the Entertaining China project.
5. Shared Information Platforms
In cooperation with FinNode India we tested earlier how we could use GoogleDocs for sharing public information inside FinNode China network. Now we have a new tool under testing and the software platform is also approved by Finpro and other organizations. The target is that we could have a location from where we could find a shared activity calendar, our general presentations and various reports that might be useful. This would reduce the amount of emails and attachments that we need to send each other right now.
More info will be released later.
6. Information from FinNode China network
2012 Cleantech Finland Communication Plan_China is ready for your review. Please feel free to contact Ms. Zhang Shou email@example.com for more information.