FinNode China Newsletter 2/2012 April, 2012
FinNode China Newsletter 2/2012
1. FinNode Innovation Watch & New Priority Signals & The Winning Team
After a quite active Innovation Watch process this Spring, 46 signals were collected into Trendwiki. After three Sense Making Sessions, we finally identified and developed 5 Priority Signals as here below.
FinNode China Spring 2012 Priority Signals:
· Cloud Computing as Service Industry
· Urban Health
· Common Value Chains in East Asia - Case Ship Building
· Digital Marketing in B to B Sector
· Profiling of Wealthy Chinese Consumers - Case Tourism
It’s also our pleasure to announce that Finpro Hong Kong team are the winners of this Spring’s Signals Collection Competition.
2. FinNode Projects 2012 Update
Just before New Year, we were awarded 2 new China specific projects + 1 new Global project. Please contact Jaani and project managers if you have any further comments or interest to know more about them:
1. Venture Capital Markets in Greater China, Kaj Forsell/Finpro Taipei
2. Threats and Opportunities for Finnish Companies and Organizations in Chinese Social Media, Eric Cheng/Finpro Hong Kong
FinNode Global Project:
1. Future of Smart Water Use, Tony Yao/Finpro Shanghai
3. FinNode Projects 2011 Update
Our projects from last year have been finished by the end of March 2012.
1. China’s Development Path from Electric Vehicles to Electric Networked Vehicles using Internet of Things Technologies, Eric Cheng/Finpro Hong Kong
2. Factory automation and high-end equipment manufacturing, Jari Makkonen/Finpro Shanghai
3. West and Central China, Eija Tynkkynen/Finpro Beijing
4. Disaster Monitoring Services and Technologies, Jari Makkonen/Finpro Shanghai
5. Entertaining China, Eric Cheng/Finpro Hong Kong
1. 21st Century Urban Design (Global project), Jari Seilonen/Finpro Guangzhou
2. Future of Learning (Global project), Helen Chen/Finpro Shanghai
All 2010 and 2011 FinNode project summaries can be found at http://www.finnode.fi/en/china/projects. For more details about the projects, please contact Jaani and project managers.
4. FinNode Future Sessions
We have now had 4 successful Future Sessions from China. The “Future Nanotech Opportunities in China”, “Entertaining China” and “Future of Learning 1&2” Future Sessions were very successful and collected more than 150 participants. Summary of the sessions can be found at http://signaalit.finnode.fi/presentations/new/584/any
Next FinNode China Future Sessions are:
· April 13th 2012 for the West and Central China project
· May 16th for the Entertaining China project vol. 2.
More detailed info about FinNode Future Sessions http://signaalit.finnode.fi/events/upcoming/584.
5. FinNode China Annual Seminars, May 2012 in Finland
Based on last year’s successful China 12th Five Year Plan FinNode China seminar in Finland, we have been requested to continue with the annual FinNode China seminars in Finland. The preparations for this year’s seminars are progressing well and we have a joint FinNode team (Anna&Arto/ForMin, Kari&Jarmo/Tekes, Eija/Finpro and Jaani/FinNode) in charge of the preparations. This year’s FinNode China seminars will take place on May 23rd in Helsinki and on May 24th in Oulu. Besides this we will have a breakfast seminar in cooperation with the China Network of the Confederation of Finnish Industries(EK) on May 25th. The seminars will be by invitation only.
Mr. Jaani Heinonen
Director FinNode China
mobile: +86 13817878853