FinNode Future Session: Entertaining China
FinNode Future Session:
Friday 14.10.2011 at 9:00-11:30
The Chinese market is the fastest growing market in the world and for the possibility to take your own part from that growth, we will offer you the possibility to get a view from one detailed sector.
The goal of this Future Session is to give a view from China’s entertainment and gaming industry sector. In 2010, China’s online games market grew 25% to reach $5 billion. e-Online games market in China will exceed $8 billion in 2014. One of the most talked-about trends is the emergence of Sina’s Weibo micro-blogging platform, which is similar to Twitter, in that it allows online and text posts of 140 characters. Weibo’s registered users grew more than 25 times in 2010 and surpassed 100 million in February 2011.
China has done its 12th five years plan and we will get a short description of that given by FinNode China director Jaani Heinonen. Also we will have presentation from Director Henry Holm from Rovio China. We will give you an excellent view over Chinese digital entertaining market and business opportunities by the FinNode project “Entertaining China” and Chinese Industry Association.
Locations and Registration:
FinNode Future Session will take place simultaneously at several ELY centers around Finland (in Helsinki at Finpro and Tekes premises). All locations are linked to each other using videoconference facilities. The event is free of charge and the presentations will be in English.
To register please select the city where you would like to join the session by clicking the name of the city:
Helsinki Finpro – Finpro RY, Porkkalankatu 1, HELSINKI (Ruoholahti)
Helsinki Tekes – Tekes, Kyllikinportti 2, HELSINKI (Pasila)
Jyväskylä – Keski-Suomen ELY-keskus, Cygnaeuksenkatu 1, JYVÄSKYLÄ
Kajaani – Kainuun ELY-keskus, Kalliokatu 4, KAJAANI
Oulu – Pohjois-Pohjanmaan ELY-Keskus, Viestikatu 1, OULU
Pori – Satakunnan ELY-Keskus, Yrjönkatu 20, PORI
Tampere – Pirkanmaan ELY-keskus, Pellavatehtaankatu 25, TAMPERE
Turku – Varsinais-Suomen ELY-Keskus, Ratapihankatu 36, TURKU
Webcasting – if your city is not listed here, you can also join via webcasting.
Instructions: In order to participate please select the ”participate” button on the event page. If you are participating for the first time, please fill in the required information in the pop-up window and press “attend”. If you already have registered for the Signals –page you can join the session by signing in with your username and password.
Deadline for registration: Tuesday 11.10.2011 at 16:00
In this session we will present the FinNode project “Entertaining China” focusing on
· Business potential of Digital entertainment industry in China, including gaming industry
· Case Rovio: Lessons Learned about launching China market
Main goal of this session is to bring together Finnish companies, catalyst organizations and the best knowledge from China markets
· Possible modes of operating in China Digital Society
· What would be the best models for running business in China
· How to build the valuable business in China
· What are possible partners cooperation models
· Next steps for active participation in this sector
The event is targeted for following profiles:
· Management level representatives from companies and research groups who have something going on related to entertainment sector
· Company representatives who are exploring China for business opportunities and those having interest in areas such as education, research and marketing
· People from Finnish gaming industry, both serious gaming and “just for fun” games
· Finnish ‘innovation ecosystem players’ who are interested in helping companies and researchers to enter China digital society markets and into cooperation with China partners (national and state level programs, clusters, agencies, associations, etc.)
· Finnish ‘innovation ecosystem players’ who have practical experiences on digital society issues especially in developing countries
About FinNode signal sessions:
FinNode Future sessions provide foresight information in form of concrete examples from around the world to the Finnish companies and organizations. The concept has emphasis on interaction which gives the participants added value in a new way. The goal for each session is to create value networks around a certain topic and to find concrete business opportunities for this network. FinNode Future sessions are organized simultaneously in several different ELY centers which are linked to each other using videoconference facilities. The duration of the session is approximately 2,5 hours and it is free of charge.
See you at the session!
Olli Lukkari Markku Paukkunen
Program Director Project Manager
Business Oulu Prizztech Ltd
Tel: +358 40 5937465 Tel: +358 44 7105342
Tel: +358 40 3433 367