FinNode India - Indian Clouds and Platforms
ICT is embedded in the life of the highest income level segments of Indian population (tens of millions of people). The rest of the Indian population is tapping more and more into the possibilities of digitalisation. In addition to the business related effects of the ongoing digitalization of India, it carries with it a broader impact on the whole Indian society. The roll-out of the national broadband network to every village in India, for example, contributes to the pronounced goal of inclusive growth and poverty eradication of the Government of India. It facilitates transparency of decision-making and enables more efficient and reliable delivery of public services. As a whole, the digitalization has an empowering impact in the whole society and it contributes to economic growth, as well.
Goal and strategic compliance
We need to understand better what ICT platforms and clouds will emerge in India in the next 3-10 years to enable a huge change in the way individuals and all types of organisations will communicate and automate tasks. A big difference in India compared to many other countries is that India has transformed and is transforming from mainly agricultural society into an ICT enabled mobile service society.
Project learns and links to most important ICT developments in India to identify opportunities for Finnish organisations to provide their expertice, products and services on these platforms and related to them during their piloting stages and when they get scaled up.
Project is of interest to Tekes programs (Ubicom, Learning Solutions, others), Future Learning Finland cluister program, Finpro software and digital media team, TIVIT SHOK and Digital Content OSKE.
Project’s goal and its compatibility with the National innovation strategy and with the strategic objectives of FinNode partners, OSKEs (DigiBusiness, Ubicom), SHOKs (TIVIT) etc.
Schedule: Jan – Dec 2012 with 75% of work load done by July
PM Finpro: Ambika Oberoi, New Delhi
PM Tekes: Kari Ryynänen (?)
Owner at Finpro: Hanna Marttinen-Deakins (?)
Owner at Tekes: Eero Silvennoinen (?)
Lead in Finland: Eeva Nuutinen (Finpro PPD ?) or Hanna Marttinen-Deakins (?)
In-kind support from USA: Mirja Kaarlela, Tekes Silicon Valley
Project team: Vrunda logistics (Finpro Mumbai), Leena Österberg (Finpro New Delhi), Kari Ryynänen (Tekes Finland), Aki Ylönen (Tekes Ubicom Program)
The project work packages are done in parallel:
0. Scope the project, nominate the advisory board and start the working document about interests and commitments to action: Workshop in February in Finland with all key stakeholders (Finpro PPD team, Finpro SWDM team, Tekes Ubicom, Tekes India Task Force, TIVIT, Ubi OSKE, DigiBusiness OSKE, VTT, UM, Finnfund, Finnish Software Association, FinnMob, Tieke, possibly others)
1. Summarise the existing plans in India: 12th 5 year plan, National Broadband Plan, National Knowledge Network, Unique Identification
2. Talk with key stakeholders who will define and decide what will be provided in the ICT pipes: telcos, big system integrators (Wipro, Infosys, TCS, etc), government (national, states), etc
3. Connect Finnish organisations to the knowledge and to the key stakeholders in India to spin out small and large scale operations. Operations include: Future Sessions about concrete opportunities and how to tap into them 2012-2015, expert (opportunity) presentations in events of TIVIT and Tekes Ubicom Program, link potential delegations to key opportunities (delegation package outside of this project)
4. Develop a sustainable model for how FinNode network and Finnish organisations will stay in close proximity to the best identified clouds and platforms in India in years to come.
Dissemination is based on workshops and other meetings. Project team and stakeholders follow and interact online through a Project Blog. Outputs of the project include Map of large scale ICT platforms and clouds evolving in India, White Paper about how Finnish companies and national level players should approach the opportunities in the Map.
Finpro New Delhi