Finnode India Global - 21st Century Urban Design and Development
This project is an add-on to the Global FinNode project 21st Century Urban Design & Development that was started in the spring of 2011, when it was decided that India and Russia will join the project in June. This 'India work package' and its resources are coordinated as part of the overall global project.
Change is in the very nature of our world. Innovation is one of the key aspect of change. FinNode Network is globally positioned to facilitate/monitor such innovations and developments in a manner that is commercially viable or benchmarkable for Finnish research or industries.
21st century urban design, India project tries to look at the changes in the urban landscape happening across the country, especially based on the sustainable needs of the 21st century. Needs may vary from energy efficiency to water harvesting to sustainable building in commercial or residential sector. The solutions may vary accordingly and these solutions required gives an excellent link to various Finnish urban design and development interests to prosper intellectually and commercially.
Through this project it is expected that the big picture is revealed, key players/visionaries(if any) identified, develop some case studies and understand the future co-operation areas.
Its said " today more than half the world lives in urban areas and in India we are close to the one third mark already and growing rapidly". This clearly shows the tremendous potential that India has. Another characteristic is that India accepts newer technologies very fast across all the sectors.
The Goal of the project would be find links for the Finnish urban design technology interests to their Indian counterparts, create a platform for intellectual interaction and commercial venture. This project would help in generation of an intellectual map that would feature the key aspects of the Indian urban development.
Having understood the current trends and future outlook for India, it would be easier for the Finnish counterparts to monitor the evolution of ideas about the future urban environment and make suitable contributions or benchmark accordingly.
• Large scale urban development
• Industrial corridors
• Smart cities
• Urban renewal programs
• Impact of energy efficiency
• From CFL to LED revolution
• Smart grids
• Green buildings/industries
• Meeting mobility needs
• Public transportation ( BRT, Monorail, Metro rail)
• Shared vehicle services
• NMT (Non-motorised transit)
• Electric Vehicle
• Managing water for future
• Reducing non revenue water (NRW)
• Re-use and recycle
• Water treatment
• Meeting energy demand through Non-Conventional source
• Waste to energy
• Renewable energy
• Bio – Energy
• Smart Service delivery
• E- governance
• Global Thinking (Well Being Services)
• Collaboration (& Possibilities)
• Partner in the USA – Americans good at getting the message out to the World on what Finns can do.
• Partner in BRIC countries to develop business
• Develop Business Driven Think-Tanks
• Sustainability Solutions – What can be offered?
• Change of Purpose (from Old to New)
• Share Mindset & Ideas
• Who Combines?
· Identify trends – Finland & Globally
·FinNode Signals Sessions & Tekes Brainstorming
· New Programs
RYM – Energizing Society
Tekes & TEM – Living Late / Smart Cities
· Need to learn from Pilots; Identify international business opportunities; Find partners globally.
· Who makes business program think tank?
+91 44 3988 2040